Who We Are
For more than 70 years, First Broad Street’s Child Care Center has provided nurturing Christian care for our community’s little ones. Begun in 1945 as a Kindergarten, it is recognized as a premier Center for infants and preschoolers in the Kingsport area.
Your child will experience a quality child care program that believes:
- all children are capable of learning
and making developmental progress;
- children are active and eager learners;
- that engaging families in the early education of their children is essential to future success in the elementary classrooms and later learning; and
- high quality early childhood experiences enhance and expand optimal brain development.
What We Teach
As Tennessee moves forward with the Common Core State Standards in Reading/English and Math, the FBS Child Care Center uses the Tennessee Early Learning Development Standards to plan and provide learning experiences for our children. These standards, adopted by the Tennessee State Board of Education, provide a developmental framework that allows our teachers to provide meaningful interactions and activities so our young children can develop to their fullest potential.
FBS Child Care Center provides a loving atmosphere for children to grow physically, mentally, and socially. We are a full-time, Christ-centered child care program ranging from infants to preschool.
Each Lead Teacher has a Child Development Associate Degree. Each staff member earns 18 hours of continuing education each year. In addition, our staff members are CPR/First Aid, and Safe Sanctuaries trained.
How We Operate
The Center is open from 7:15 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, year round.
Parents are welcomed and encouraged to drop in and visit as frequently as they like.
A coded door maintains security between the office area and the classrooms. Each classroom is equipped with a telephone.
The Child Care Center is governed by the Child Care Center Board. This Board, in accordance with mission and vision of FBSUMC, sets policies and works with the Director in running the Center.
The State of Tennessee licenses the Center. The Center also participates in the Department of Human Services Certificate Program, which helps provide quality childcare for those needing assistance.
Testimonials from Parents
- “Except for myself, I doubt anyone could have loved and nurtured my child any more!”
- “The services here are superior to those provided by others we have dealt with.”
- “I feel secure with the teachers.”
- “I watched my child grow and mature.”
- “I knew when I left her that she would be well cared for and loved.”
- “I know she could not have a better start.”
- “You are planting spiritual seeds through Christian-focused activities and weekly chapel.”
What we offer:
- small child-to-teacher ratios
- large gymnasium
- multi-level facility
- new, up-to-date playground
- Kindergarten preparation
How to Enroll
|3’s & 4’s||$150|
Limited part-time care is available.
Annual $50 registration fee. Weekly rates subject to change.
Call Director Betsy Cooper at 423-224-1527 to set up a personal tour of the Center.
Click the links below to download important enrollment and other parent information:
How to make online tuition payments
Visit the church’s Online Giving page and:
- Give – Put in the amount you are paying
- To – Choose “Other Gifts”
- Optional Memo – Write “Tuition” and the name of your child
Read our monthly newsletter online.
The Child Care Center holds a graduation ceremony for its pre-k class each summer to commemorate their achievements with the curriculum. Shown right are the 2014 graduates.